August 17, 2006

'The Departed' - HK movie remake

One of my favourite HK movie of all times must be the 'Infernal Affairs' trilogy starring Andy Lau and Tony Leung. The movies were well-made and stylish, and probably one of the best psychological thriller ever made even by Hollywoods' standards. Now comes Hollywood to remake (or break) this story. Leonardo DiCaprio has been casted in Tony Leung's role as a young undercover cop assigned to infiltrate the mob syndicate run by gangland chief Costello, whilst Matt Damon takes on Andy Lau's role as a young criminal who has infiltrated the police department as an informer for the syndicate.

Whilst I look forward to this remake, I would hate to see how badly screwed-up the end result would be. I hope Martin Scorcese will make good job out of this. I'm not really a fan of DiCaprio, and I don't see how he can step in Tony Leung's shoes as the tough, macho undercover cop.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's hollywoods new invented game--"let's screwup the asian movies!!!!"
I don't see any essential of the Infernal Affairs appeared on the trailer of The Departed....
it's transfered to a pure violent movie....
really fxxked up

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.