October 2, 2007

Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof sucks

Am I the only one that thinks Quentin Tarantino's 'Death Proof' is crap?

Originally released in the US theaters as part of the second half of the GRINDHOUSE double feature (shared with Robert Rodriguez' 'Planet Terror'), Death Proof has received good reviews and has a rating of 8 stars in IMDB.

The first hour of the movie consists of four women chatting away in a bar. Then they get killed by a mysterious guy called Stuntman Mike. That's when the action begins.....and lasts for like 5 whole minutes! Then cut to few months later where another group of women starts to talk nonsense. Then Stuntman Mike appears. Another 5 minutes of car chase action. Then the movie ends.

This movie is supposed to be a spoof on the 70's B-grade camp movies. However it turned out to be one of the most boring movies I've seen in my life!

This is such a pity coming from the director of 'Kill Bill', 'Reservoir Dogs' and 'Pulp Fiction'.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Just watched 2/3 of it this past weekend. It was like watching a really boring chick flick. Like you I felt like I wasted 2 hours of my life. I fast forwarded through probably 30 min+ of meaningless dialog. When they started talking Italian Vogue I was done. and fast forwarded to the end.